Before you leave, here's a little experiment worth trying:
- Open a page on your business website (start with your home page).
- Press Command + F (if you're using a Mac) or Ctrl+F (if you're using Windows) and type "I".
- Count and write down how many times that page repeats the word "I".
- Repeat the process for words like:
- my / me
- we / our
- [your name] / her / his (if you are talking about yourself in the 3d person).
5. Now do the same, but for words like:
If you're using the words "We" or "my / me", "we / our" or "[your name] / her / his" more times than "you / your", you're in big trouble.
It means your copy is way too Me-centric. And guess what? That's one of the main reasons why your bounce rates are high. Because your website visitors don't really want to hear about you. They want the hear what's in it for them. They want to hear why your brand is the obvious choice for them.
So here's what you can do. Rewrite your website copy and follow the 6 rules of The Nishi copywriting manifesto.
If you're not good with words and you just realized it's time to hire a Pro, I can help you.
My copywriting agency
can help you make your message clear and catchy. In Plain English, not mambo jambo jargon.